Resveratrol Plus - Pure Resveratrol, a Potent Antioxidant
Resveratrol Plus main ingredient is 200 mg of pure, ResvidaTM trans-resveratrol in vegetarian capsules. Resveratrol is a powerful antioxidant. One scientist referred to it as "one of the best free radical scavengers." This may account for its beneficial effects. Free radicals are produced naturally by the body and can damage healthy cells. In addition to the antioxidant properties of resveratrol, our formula also includes grape seed extract which provide polyphenols. Polyphenols are believed to also have antioxidant effects which may positively impact cardiovascular health.
Resveratrol is a naturally occurring plant polyphenol commonly found in grape vines and skins. Resveratrol is highly regarded as a powerful antioxidant and may play important roles in supporting normal cardiovascular and mitochondrial function.† Resveratrol may also be useful in supporting sustained muscle function and reducing muscle fatigue.† Recent studies demonstrate that it can help maintain normal oxidative responses in human and animal cells. Other studies indicate it may also be supportive in maintaining the normal aging process, by helping to prevent free radical damage that can lead to premature aging of cells.† This product contains Resvida, a pure resveratrol clinically studied for its safety. Resvida is unique among other resveratrol containing ingredients, as it is not a plant extract, is not derived from plant sources and presents no risk for contamination with pesticides and other potentially unwanted compounds.
LeucoSelect Grape Seed Extract is a super antioxidant far more powerful than vitamins C, E and beta-carotene. Other grape seed extracts often use potentially dangerous chemicals which can leave residues and strip away many of the nutrients. It contains oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), which are naturally occurring bioflavonoids. Studies have shown that the active ingredients in grape seed extract have beneficial effects on a variety of conditions including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease and pancreatitis.
Researchers at Harvard Medical School and the National Institute on Aging found that resveratrol in high doses let mice eat a high fat diet yet avoid health problems commonly associated with obesity. The liver and other systems of these obese mice remained healthy and fat-related deaths dropped 31% for mice fed resveratrol
- Available in 100 mg and 200 mg trans-resveratrol per capsule.
- From 50% Standardized Polygonum cuspidatum root extract.
- Leucoselect® brand standardized grape seed extract from Indena; a world leader in botanical extracts.
- Gluten Free
- Resveratrol is well known for being a powerful antioxidant.
- In addition to its antioxidant potential, resveratrol affects biochemical processes that control the survival and metabolism of living cells.*
- Trans-resveratrol unlike the cis form, is able to activate the Sirtuin family of proteins; particularly SIRT-1 proteins related to aging/lifspan.
- By activating SIRT-1, resveratrol has been shown to mimic the well-documented anti-aging effects of calorie restriction.*
- Helps support mitochondrial function-healthy mitochondria are essential for normal, healthy cell function, particularly those of the cardiovascular and neurological systems.*
- Studies show by activating SIRT-1 resveratrol may help support insulin function and therefore help support normal, healthy glucose metabolism.*
- Resveratrol helps support overall cell metabolism which is essential for the utilization of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.*
Resveratrol may be a useful supplement for individuals wishing to consume this well documented
1 Vegetarian Capsule Contains:
Resveratrol (200 mg as trans-resveratrol).................200 mg
LeucoSelect Grape Seed Extract........................ 10mg
Other ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose,
vegetable stearate, silica and titanium dioxide.
Adults take 1 capsule daily with meals or as directed by your healthcare professional.
No adverse side effects reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
Barger JL, Kayo T, Vann JM, Arias EB, Wang J, Hacker TA,Wang Y, Raederstorff D, Morrow JD, Leeuwenburgh C, Allison DB, Saupe KW, Cartee GD, Weindruch R, Prolla TA. A low dose of dietary resveratrol partially mimics caloric restriction and retards aging parameters in mice. PLoS ONE. 2008 Jun 4;3(6):e2264.
Filomeni G, Graziani I, Rotilio G, Ciriolo MR. trans-Resveratrol induces apoptosis in human breast cancer cells MCF-7 by the activation of MAP kinases pathways. Genes Nutr. 2007 Dec;2(3):295-305
Rivera L, Morón R, Zarzuelo A, Galisteo M. Long-term resveratrol administration reduces metabolic disturbances and lowers blood pressure in obese Zucker rats. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008 Dec 3.
Palamara AT, Nencioni L, Aquilano K, et al. Inhibition of influenza A virus replication by resveratrol, J Infect Dis. 2005 May
Vingtdeux V, Dreses-Werringloer U, Zhao H, Davies P, Marambaud P. Therapeutic potential of resveratrol in Alzheimer's
disease. BMC Neurosci. 2008 Dec 3;9 Suppl 2:S6
Maroon, Joseph. The Longevity Factor: How Resveratrol and Red Wine Activate Genes for a Longer and Healthier Life. Atria, 2008. ISBN-10: 1416551077